The George Clare Surgery is a four partner, part-dispensing practice in the Fens of Cambridgeshire, with a practice list size of just over 12,150 patients.
We’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and support staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing.
See below for the days our General Practitioners and Advanced Nurse Practitioners work.
Changes to our system.
George Clare Surgery has ceased all access to the surgery unless you have a prebooked confirmed appointment.
A member of the team will be available at the front entrance to allow access to the building if appropriate. We ask all patients to wear a face covering when attending the surgery for an appointment, where this is not possible one will be provided.
Patients must attend appointments on their own unless it is a child then they may have one carer with them.
- Medication queries will be only be taken over the phone between the hours of 10:00- 12:30 & 14:30 - 16:00. Do not attend the practice.
Prescription collections can only be done so between the hours of 10:00am - 11.00am and 16:30 - 17:30 only
Due to high demand for prescriptions, please allow 7 days working days for processing.
For suspected urine infections, please donot bring a water sample, please ring the surgery at 08:30am and request a telephone call from a clinician.
The telephones are exceptionally busy at present in all departments and would ask you that you are patient if you are struggling to get through.
If you have any queries related to COVID-19 or symptoms, please visit http://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
We have implemented the above to ensure the health and wellbeing of both our staff and patients and to ensure safe running of the practice.
Thank you for your continued support
The George Clare Surgery Team
Patient Participation Group
Are you interested in joining the George Clare Surgery Patient Participation Group?
The PPG aims to provide a communication link between the patients and the surgery, a forum for constructive communication helping to inform the surgery when making decisions on healthcare services, to help inform patients on why these decisions have been made, and to assist in providing health promotion and education.
All patients are encouraged to join our PPG, if you are interested then please contact us on 01354 695888, or email us on email@example.com
Chair: Julie Pope
Next Meeting 16th July at 5pm via Zoom- please email Julie on the email above or contact the practice if you wish to participate
Access and Facilities
- There are reserved spaces for the disabled in our car park. Wheelchair access is available at the main entrance to the building.
- If attending the surgery unaccompanied, you can get help with the front door by ringing the doorbell, which is located near the front door letter-box.
- A toilet for the disabled is located adjacent to the main entrance porch.
- Patients who experience difficulty with hearing may request the use of our Portable hearing loop. In order to use this, you will need a hearing aid with a T-switch. Please ask when attending for your appointment.
- Baby chaning facilities can be found within the toilet block adjacent to reception and the main entrance porch.